The Northwest Territories Land Titles System (NTLS) allows users to perform title searches against property legal descriptions, conduct General Register and Writ Book searches against individual or company names, obtain search results reports for these searches, and be able to download copies of titles, plans, instruments, caveats or other documents from the Land Titles Office.Get started Northwest Territories Land Titles System (NTLS)
Using the Northwest Territories Land Titles online search allows you to:
- Conduct searches any time or place;
- Receive your request without waiting;
- Have a 12 hour grace period to continue to view and download previous search results;
- Download and print copies of documents from your online account without additional service fees;
- Receive automated, itemized receipts for all transactions;
- See a history of your searches
Searches by a property legal description to determine if a certificate of title exists for that property are available free of charge. Fees will apply to view or download a copy of a certificate title, plan of survey, instrument, caveat or other document or to conduct a Writ Book and General Register search. These fees are prescribed by the Land Titles Tariffs of Fees Regulations.
To use the Northwest Territories Land Titles System, you must register an account with a VISA or Mastercard to pre-authorize funds from which applicable fees will be deducted. The pre-authorized amount is immediately applied against a credit limit, however, the card will only be charged for the amount that is actually used. Credit card details are securely retained by our payment gateway, and not by the NTLS.
Searches may still be conducted in person at the Land Titles Office. Service fees will apply.