All Parenting After Separation Workshops will continue only through the use of webinars to lower any risk of COVID-19 transmission. This will be in effect until further notice. Webinars sessions will continue as scheduled below.
Living apart can have a serious effect on you and your children. Attending a free half-day Parenting After Separation workshop can help parents plan and make positive choices during separation or divorce. Participants will learn about:
- The legal process and legal issues, such as custody, access and child support;
- Options to resolve family law disputes such as mediation, negotiation by lawyers or Court;
- The impact of separation on you and your children;
- How to communicate well with your children and ex-partner;
- How to manage high-conflict situations;
- The benefits of developing a parenting plan;
- How to plan for your new situation; and
- Introducing a new partner.
The workshop also provides resources to support you and your children and is open to any adult who wants to learn more about parenting after separation or divorce.
In certain situations, you may have to prove to the Court that you have taken the workshop before you can apply for court orders in your case. At the end of the workshop, participants will get a certificate to prove that they have attended.
The workshop does not provide lawyers or legal services. If you are involved in a family law matter you may wish to seek legal advice.
NorthWays Consulting facilitates all workshops on behalf of the GNWT.
Upcoming Workshop Offerings
|Saturday, April 18, 2020||Webinar|
|Friday, April 17, 2020||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, April 4, 2020||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, March 21, 2020||Webinar|
|Friday, March 20, 2020||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, March 7, 2020||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, February 29, 2020||Yellowknife|
|Friday, February21, 2020||Webinar|
|Monday, February 10, 2020||Yellowknife|
Workshops run from 9 AM to 1PM. To register for workshops call 1-877-776-2838 (873-2473 in Yellowknife) or email email@example.com.The deadline to register is 3 business days before a workshop. You may register for a future session at any time.
For general program information, please contact: