Living apart can have a serious effect on you and your children. Attending a free half-day Parenting After Separation workshop can help parents plan and make positive choices during separation or divorce.
Participants will learn about:
- the legal process and legal issues, such as custody, access and child support;
- options to resolve family law disputes such as mediation, negotiation by lawyers or Court;
- the impact of separation on you and your children;
- how to communicate well with your children and ex-partner;
- how to reduce high conflict;
- what your children need and how to help them through the separation/divorce process;
- signs of when children may need help for more serious problems;
- resources that can help you and your children;
- how a parenting plan can help you;
- setting personal boundaries;
- how to plan for your new situation; and
- introducing a new partner.
It is open to any adult who wants to learn more about parenting after separation or divorce.
In certain situations, you may have to prove to the Court that you have taken the workshop before you can apply for court orders in your case. You may also choose to voluntarily take the course.
We have found that this course helps to prepare clients for mediation. They learn about different issues that can come up and ways to resolve them so they can make informed decisions for their families’ future.
At the end of the workshop, participants will get a certificate to prove that they have attended.
The workshop does not provide lawyers or legal services. If you are involved in a family law matter you may wish to seek legal advice.
NorthWays Consulting facilitates all workshops on behalf of the GNWT.
Upcoming Workshop Offerings - all are webinar based until further notice
|Saturday, April 10, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, April 16, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, April 24, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, May 7, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, May 15, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, May 28, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, June 5, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, June 11, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, June 26, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, July 9, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, July 17, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, July 23, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, August 14, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, August 20, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, August 28, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, September 10, 2021||Webinar|
|Saturday, September 18, 2021||Webinar|
|Friday, September 24, 2021||Webinar|
Workshops run from 9 AM to 1PM. To register for workshops call 1-877-776-2838 (873-2473 in Yellowknife) or email email@example.com.The deadline to register is 4 business days before a workshop. You may register for a future session at any time.
For general program information, please contact: