Living apart can have a serious effect on you and your children. Attending a free half-day Parenting After Separation workshop can help make the transition through separation or divorce easier for both parents and children by focusing on the changing family. Participants will learn about:
- The legal process and legal issues, such as custody, access and child support;
- Options to resolve family law disputes such as mediation, negotiation by lawyers or Court;
- The impact of separation on you and your children;
- How to communicate well with your children and ex-partner;
- How to manage high-conflict situations;
- The benefits of developing a parenting plan;
- How to plan for your new situation; and
- Introducing a new partner.
The workshop also provides resources to support you and your children and is open to any adult who wants to learn more about parenting after separation or divorce.
In certain situations, you may have to prove to the Court that you have taken the workshop before you can apply for court orders in your case. At the end of the workshop, participants will get a certificate to prove that they have attended.
The workshop does not provide lawyers or legal services. If you are involved in a family law matter you may wish to seek legal advice.
NorthWays Consulting facilitates all workshops on behalf of the GNWT.
Upcoming Workshop Offerings
|Friday, April 13, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, April 14, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, April 21, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, May 4, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, May 5, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, May 26, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, June 1, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, June 15, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, June 16, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, July 13, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Saturday, July 14, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, July 21, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, August 10, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, August 24, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, August 25, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, September 7, 2018||NWT WEBINAR|
|Saturday, September 8, 2018||Yellowknife|
|Friday, September 21, 2018||Yellowknife|
For general program information, please contact: