The North Slave Correctional Complex (NSCC), managed by the Corrections Service, is located in Yellowknife and is comprised of two separate units - Adult Male Unit and Youth Unit - to provide custody and supervision for offenders. Both territorial and federal offenders with minimum to maximum security ratings are held here, as well as most remanded offenders.
- Saturday & Sunday from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- General Public
- Saturday & Sunday from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Special arrangements may be prearranged for alternate times. Please be advised that visitors will be asked to dress appropriately and follow facility rules. This includes being subject to search.
- Sex Offender Relapse Prevention
- Anger and Emotion
- Family Violence
- National Substance Abuse Program
- Elders Network
- Traditional Counsellor/Healing Program
- Pastoral Program
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Classroom Education Program
- Community Service
- Volunteer Work to Elders and Community Labour to Non-Profit Agencies
- Physical Recreation Program
- Arts and Craft
- Temporary Absence
- Employment Programming (First Aid, WHMIS)
- DADs (John Howard Society and Tree of Peace)
- Healing Drum Society Embracing our Human-Nest program
- Reintegration Program
- Core Programs