North Slave Correctional Complex

The North Slave Correctional Complex (NSCC), managed by the Corrections Service, is located in Yellowknife and is comprised of two separate units - Adult Male Unit and Youth Unit - to provide custody and supervision for offenders. Both territorial and federal offenders with minimum to maximum security ratings are held here, as well as most remanded offenders.

North Slave Correctional Complex - Adult Male Unit
71 Kam Lake Road
PO Box 278
X1A 2N2

Visiting Hours

Saturday & Sunday from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
General Public
Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Special arrangements may be prearranged for alternate times. Please be advised that visitors will be asked to dress appropriately and follow facility rules. This includes being subject to search.

Programs Offered - Adults

  • Living Without Violence
  • Respectful Relationships
  • Substance Abuse Management
  • Change Management - Maintenance Program
  • Mental Health First Aid
  • Foundations for Success
  • NWT Sex Offender program
  • Alcoholics Anonymous (Volunteer program)
  • Classroom Education program
  • Healthy Families - NWT Health and Social Service Authority, Yellowknife
  • A New Day program - John Howard Society
  • Narcotics Anonymous (Volunteer)
  • Yoga (Volunteer)
  • Counselling
  • Traditional Counsellor, Healing Program
  • Chaplaincy
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Recreation
  • Work Release

Programs Offered - Youth

  • Education program - with YK Education District #1 (based on high school curriculum)
  • Life Skills
  • Cooking program
  • Community Service work
  • Restitution and Fine Option program
  • Healthy Relationships
  • Addictions Counselling
  • Counselling
  • Chaplaincy
  • Traditional Counsellor Healing Program
  • Outside work release (seasonal)
  • Work Release Program
  • On the Land Skills
  • Reintegration Leave
  • Seasonal Gardening project

Related Pages

A complete alphabetical listing of the consolidated territorial Acts and associated regulations.
Contact the Department of Justice