For all NWT emergencies, dial 9-1-1

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are independent from the Department of Justice, and provide "contracted" policing services to the Northwest Territories under the Police Services Agreement negotiated between the Government of the Northwest Territories and the Government of Canada. As part of this agreement, the Minister of Justice establishes policing priorities for the RCMP each fiscal year

The RCMP website provides a full listing of RCMP detachments of the Northwest Territories.

If you want to anonymously report information about a crime which could help the police, you can also contact Crime Stoppers.

Headquarters, 'G' Division
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
5010 - 49th Avenue
X1A 2R3
A complete alphabetical listing of the consolidated territorial Acts and associated regulations.
Contact the Department of Justice